How soon after a c-section can I get a Mommy Makeover ?

I'm 20 years old,36 weeks pregnant with my second child (c-section). i won't have more kids & would like to get a mommy make over on 06/15. i'm a full time student & need to go back to school on 08/15, should i wait until June 2016? the cost for the mommy make over on your state ? i'm in Louisiana. the reason i want the mommy make-over are stretch marks on my belly and lack of firmness on my breast ,also i want my buttocks to be more up but i don't want implants , instead i was thinking lipo from tummy.

Time Between a Major Surgery and Cosmetic Procedures

The time between having electoral #cosmetic surgery after a major surgery depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled. 

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.

Post Pregnancy

If you are done having children then you certenly sound like you would be a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation and more details. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. You would want to wait at least 4-6 months or until you are done breast feeding to have the surgery done. Best of luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

6 months would be a reasonable time before considering surgery.

Los Angeles, CA......

Answer from Lafayette

I would recommend 6 mos after csection.  Remember that full healing takes a year.  It is also important that your weight stabilize before the surgery in order to get the best results. 

Jeffrey S. Williams, DO
Durango Plastic Surgeon

Would wait at least six months after C-section before undergoing mommy makeover.

Is a very general rule I would have you wait about six months after your C-section before proceeding with an operation as physiologically significant as a mommy makeover.

Mommy Makeover

Six months after giving birth to your son you can go to a board certified plastic surgeon for medical evaluation. Normally at six months you can perform surgery. The surgeon should recommend liposuction and tummy tuck if you qualify, plus explain all the steps in these procedures.

Aramis Vega, MD

Mommy Makeover after C-section

Make sure that you are complete with your family after you 2nd child.  I would recommend waiting 6 months after your delivery before considering a mommy makeover.

Mommy makeover timing

I think most people find it takes about six months (rarely 4 or 5) for a woman's body to stabilize after pregnancy.  When you get close to that time, you can visit one or several board certified plastic surgeons and get an idea which procedures will get you closest to the results you desire.  Best of luck!

Melinda Haws, MD

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your pregnancy. My recommendation is to put your body contouring on the back-burner for now as it is too hard to predict what the best procedure will be for you at this moment.  In reality, your body will evolve significantly over the next 6 months wether you breast feed or not.  Many changes you may like, and many you may not.  Performing the right procedure for you will depend on timing and patience.  I typically recommend waiting at least 6 months from pregnancy.  Having said that, expecting 8 months for recovery is very conservative.  Many patients return to work after 2 weeks, so waiting 6 months will still give you ample time to meet with your surgeon and make an appropriate operative plan.  congratulations again. 

John Renucci, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Mommy Makeover

The procedures that you are interested in should be performed when your weight and breast size has stabilized after pregnancy.  This may take 9-12 months, or longer.  Procedures performed before stabilization may place you at a very high risk of poor long-term results.  As always, it is important to personally consult with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.

Jarrod Little, MD