What is the best, safest treatment for dark spots, freckles, acne marks on Asian face?

Someone suggested IPL laser, but others said it is not safe for asian skin. Someone suggested lightening cream then chemical peel, but I got terrible burn with tri luma, and my face started to have more freckles, sports ever even I protected myself well from sunshine

Picosure for Asian skin

I use this laser on myself and all my family, it works the best. Very safe if you know what you are doing. Best thing? It works, and it has NO downtime, see the before and afters, watch the video, and you can see why I pick this above my Fraxel lasers. A good majority of my patients are Asian, and out of all the lasers, the Pico is the best. Another device is use is INFINI RF combined with PRP. Very safe, and effective. All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Treating Asian Skin

Great question that I hope other patients with ethnic or sun-tanned skin will make note!Although your skin may not appear dark to your visible eye, based on your ethnicity, you have more melanin than lighter skin types. Because of this, I always caution my patients to "pre-treat" with a skin lightener such as hydroquinone or kojic acid in addition to a Retin-A for cellular turnover prior to being treated with IPL lasers or chemical peels. By far, the best treatment to seek , would be the Laser Genesis , that can safely treat darker and tanned skin types without a risk of hyperpigmentation. A TCA peel would also be a safe option if you continued to treat your skin afterwards to inhibit discolorations.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Brown spots

Congratulations for getting educated about your skin.  I am not a fan of lights or lasers to treat discolorations.  I like using sun protection, topical treatments and chemical peels.  Stay skintastic. 

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. A chemical peel can address irregular pigmentation (your dark spots), freckles, acne and acne scarring. Alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acids are common agents used in a mild chemical peel. The treatment can be repeated weekly for up to six weeks in order to get the results that you want. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon in person to learn more about this procedure and its safety and effectiveness.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

I find that low density low energy fractional lasers (fraxel/clear + brilliant) or radiofrequency (venus viva or skinfinity) do great in combination with microneedling/PRP. I suggest you see an expert. IPL has no antiaging benefits but is good with reds and browns in the short term.  Best, Dr. Emer.