Will I achieve the natural mature/full breasted look I am seeking with a scarless lift and implants? (Photo)

When I say I want a NATURAL mature/full breasted look, I MEAN IT. All of my wish pics are mainly women's BEFORE pics, and they are all naturally large/full breasted women. I DO NOT WANT incredibly perky. I want to look like a woman my age but I simply want more volume, my breasts have deflated after breast feeding and lately due to weight loss. Can this be achieved with a scarless lift and large implants?

Lift With Implants?

It is important to be clear about your goals and expectations. It is also important that you fully understand what is achievable and not achievable. You may not fully understand what it means to have a breast lift. There is no such thing as a scarless breast lift. By definition any true breast lift adds scars to your breast, so if you truly wish to have your breast lifted, you need to accept some additional scars. What you may be thinking is that a breast implant will in a sense lift your breast, although even just having an augmentation requires an incision to place the implant. Whenever there is an incision there will be some sort of, usually inconspicuous, scar. 

Implants alone will give you more fullness, but the implants will need to be placed much lower so that they are closer to being centered behind your nipple. In this location the implant will no longer be located behind the muscle and getting a larger implant will result in thinning of your tissues and increased potential for a palpable implant or visible rippling. In addition a large implant will tend to drag your breast further south over time. Your B&A photos have a great deal of variability but suggest that you are OK with a breast that sits much lower on your chest wall.

Will I achieve the natural mature/full breasted look I am seeking with a scarless lift and implants

My concern with your 'scarless lift' is that the position of your nipples will be in a less than desirable location after going with a large implant. If you are happy with the nipple position now ,it might be OK to proceed but the implant will create more upper pole fullness and make the nipple look lower.

Julio Garcia, MD

Fat grafting for breast augmentation #plasticsurgery

To my knowledge - there is no 'scarless' breast lift that is reliable. Augmentation of the breast can be done with fat grafting - which would preserve/not correct your existing saggy breast shape. An implant will not lift the breast and when a saggy breast is augmented, it typically does not look very good.

Scarless lift?

I  don't quite understand what you mean by scarless lift?? In plastic surgery something is too good to be true then it really is. I believe that you can have a very natural result with just breast implants. I do believe that you need a proper lift to achieve aesthetic breasts  but if you were OK with your breasts lower down on your chest than just an augmentation will suffice.  

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. 

Is better to think positive and keep calm, sometimes as a patient we decide some things that wont give us the best results, because we start thinking about the scars and we get worry about it. Is better to do what is better for you and what is going to give you the best results.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified surgeon for an evaluation and to talk abuot what kind of lift do you need and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Lift with implants

Most people considering surgery share your concerns.  Any surgical procedure results in a scar.  Scars take around 12-18 months to go through the maturation phase during which time they typically fade and become less noticeable.  in my practice I find patients find the faded scars acceptable and all are indeed very happy they underwent the procedure.

"scarless Lift"

Unfortunately you would need a lift with scars. Your breast are too loose and droopy to avoid this, especially if you want a more natural result, as then you should also avoid large implants.

Just using large implants is unlikely to work, as your breast will probably end up sitting too low, below your implants. 

Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Will I achieve the natural mature/full breasted look I am seeking with a scarless lift and implants?

You should easily be able to achieve your goal look with a skillfully done lift and augmentation. The term "Scarless Lift" is a term one surgeon came up with to market a surgical practice with a technique that was around long before the surgeon used this term. Others have not called it scarless because we feel that would be misleading to patients. It's a good lift for patients with a particular anatomy but still leaves scars.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

No such thing as scarless lift

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, surgery results in permanent scars.  Scars will differ depending on genetics, degree of tension on them and postoperative care.  Typically, they tend to fade over time.   However, there is no such thing as a scarless lift. Sound like a gimmicky / marketing term.  If a woman in my family was offered that, I would tell them to run the other way, as this is incredibly misleading and unethical.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Natural looking breasts

I am glad you love your natural heavy breasts, but I agree that you would benefit from volume. I have women in my practice who want what you want - minimal scarring and lower pole fullness to fill in the deflated breast and lift the nipple from a down-pointing position to a more neutral or upward tilt. However, there is no such thing as scarless surgery. Any surgery that claims so is being deceitful! In order to put an implant in your breast, you need to have a cut. Any cut will result in a scar. Also, you have Grade 2 breast ptosis where your breast tissue hangs 1-3cm below your breast crease and your nipple is low but still above the lowest point of the breast. My technique of breast augmentation is through the armpit (small 4cm incision that is in one of your natural creases) and I place the implant under the muscle to reduce the risk of encapsulation and so that you won't feel the implant since your breast tissue overlying your chest muscle looks to be thin. Once the muscle relaxes (between 1-3 months after surgery), it will fill in the lower portion of your breast to give you the look you desire. Be aware you may need a larger volume implant to get the look you're after. I partner with Sientra - a company that makes excellent implants ONLY for Plastic Surgeons. Make sure to choose a board-certified Plastic Surgeon who will meet your expectations. Look at his/her before and after photos and speak with his staff. Take the time to find the perfect fit! I hope this helps. -Dr. Mills.

Dan Mills, MD