One or two syringes? (photos)

I'm wondering how many Syringes I should purchase when I go to get my lips filled. I would like achieve a pouty full look without looking like a duck.

Lip fillers in Santa Monica

Our office specializes in lip fillers and we begin with a conservative treatment with one syringe and then reassess the lips.

Dr. Ka

Fillers

Depending on which filler you would want injected would determine the amount of syringes required. I would recommend seeing a Plastic surgeon or Dermatologist for a consultation and see what they recommend.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip Filling- How Much?

Lip filling is as much an art as it is a science.  Each patient will need a different amount based on their individual anatomy and aesthetic.  Often times, it is better to inject 2 syringes over 2 separate appointments than to overly inject in 1 setting.  Ideal lips are smooth and soft and look natural.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Usually takes 1 or 2 syringes to fill lips pretty.

Most patients only need 1 syringe of belotero, restylane or juvederm to plump lips but some patients who really want a fullness to show will need a 2nd syringe. Start with 1 and you can always come back and add a 2nd syringe if needed. Cost is $550/syringe and usually lasts 3-6 months.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Start with one, get a second if needed.

A majority of the time, one syringe is sufficient. Occasionally 2 or even 3 for an even fuller look. You can always start with one, see how it goes, and then return for a second syringe.

- Dr. Bryson Richards

How much filler to use for lips.

In general I find that a single syringe is usually enough to improve the fullness of the lips without overdoing it. Occasionally I will use more but that's less common.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon