Is my right implant too far towards my side? (photos)

I am 10 weeks post op. and had 460cc saline under the muscle. my right implant has been moving toward my side and is more noticeable when I lay on my back. Is this part of the dropping process? Do I have cause for concern? They are still very high, I am massaging them but they don't seem to be dropping. I've talked to my dr, he says they are fine, I just need to massage. Any other suggestions.

Breast augmentation post op

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Breast Augmentation Results

First thing you need to know is that massage has no place in the process of normal healing after breast augmentation, or in the prevention or treatment of capsular contracture, the most common complication of breast augmentation.  So I can confidently contradict your surgeon and inform you that you can stop massaging. As for your other issue of lateralization of your implants, it is inevitable: you have chosen very large, smooth walled, saline implants that will expand your tissues more than any other device (as well as the pocket they are sitting in). You are only at 10 weeks. You will look vastly different in a year, and possibly not for the better.  Your implants are objectively too large for your ribcage and that is why they are already too lateral, only to get worse with time. I am sorry to give you bad news, but I try to be direct and non-opinion based in my responses. Like so many patients that I see in my office, you will be a good candidate for a remove and replacement surgery with implant pocket repair in the future. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Is my right implant too far towards my side?

Thank you for your question.  If you look at your preop photos the right breast is displaced more to the side then the left breast and I think this asymmetry is reflected in your postop result.  I would expect that your implants will drop more and look more natural.  However I suggest you discuss with your surgeon the possibility of breast implant displacement exercises and even a Bandoto help the implants drop.

Implants settled

Thank you for your question.  At just 10 weeks your implants have not yet settled.  It can take up to 6 months for your implants to settle.  When you lay on your back they will and should fall to the side as breasts do.  Remember that no one is symmetrical.  Make sure to follow up with your surgeon and follow his/her post op protocol.  Also discuss your concerns with your surgeon as well.

Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Settled

It can take up to 6 months for your implants to completely settle. Please follow your surgeon's advice about massage, and keep all your follow up visits. Implants are suppose to move some, especially when you lay on your back. You have two different breasts and the implants may not settle at the same time. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon