I have keloid on my forehead after an accident, what is the best option to remove it? (photo)

Hi I have a keloid on my forehead that was developed 6-7 years back after an accident. I did not get stitches on the wound and let it heal naturally, maybe that's why keloid developed. Currently I am using Contractubex but it does not to do anything. I was wondering if I can get it removed (though incision maybe) as I would like to get rid of it fast! Steroidal injections are slow. Also as you can see I have a dent on my cheek. I was hoping if anyway I could get it flattened. Thanks in advance

Doctor Answers 1

Treating scar on forehead

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are a couple of options for your hypertrophic scar. I think steroid +/- 5-FU injections are a very good option, and my backup option would be surgical scar revision. Best to have your dermatologist assess the scar in person, to feel/palpate it, and provide the best options based on your skin type.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.