Doctor in the DFW (Texas) area that has done breast augmentation on women in the fitness industry? (Photo)

Looking for a doctor who understands the importance of procedure and placement for a breast aug for an athletic female!
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Breast Augmentation in Athletic Women

Hi.  You are right!  The procedure modifications and placement are very important things to consider in this very specific group of women.  Depending on your individual anatomy and requirements, a personalized plan should be created with your specific goals in mind.  There are many excellent plastic surgeons in DFW who can accommodate your request.  I would be happy to see you in consultation if you would like.  Best of luck!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

In athletes size, pocket dissection, and recovery are critical.  I recommend 3D imaging to help with size choice.  Choose an implant with a base diameter which equals your breast base or slightly smaller.  Make sure to dissect the pocket only to the dimensions of the implant as forceful contraction of the chest muscle in athletes can enlarge the pocket causing displacement of the implant.  Most athletes will choose a conservative sized implant as larger implants can and will impede athletic ability or cause undue stress on the lumbar spine.

John Burns, MD

Athletic build breast augmentation

Thanks for your inquiry, there are so many great surgeon in the Dallas Fort Worth Area.  I recommend you look here on realSelf and you will find those doctors.  Go th their website and look for before and after results.  Many of us perfrom breast augmentation on competitive athletes.  Good Luck.  

BAM in Body Builders

How may I help you?  I understand, but as with any elective cosmetic procedure, we need to both understand and agree the goals and expectations.

My office is just down the street if you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation.

Breast Augmentation for Fitness Competitors

Many of my patients have been trainers, fitness models or fitness competitors. Selecting size is no different than with other have to express what your goal is and perhaps show examples of your desired result. After a detailed exchange of ideas, hopes, goals and a no holds barred discussion of the risks and recovery,an examination is performed with precise measurements to select the implant options. All of my patients get a very thorough and realistic assessment of what is possible (and sometimes what is not),a discussion about their unique starting anatomy and then an opportunity to try on the sizers which are most appropriate for the result they want. While your starting anatomy has much to do with how your exposed breasts will look, trying on sizers in the exam room gives a very reasonable approximation of how you will look in clothing with the options that will fit your body. Competitors in the fitness industry sometimes prefer to have their implants placed on top of the pec major muscle.The decision between placing the implant on top of the muscle (less motion during poses) vs under the muscle (many more long term advantages) should be made after you have been completely educated in the pros and cons of each.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Doctor in the DFW (Texas) area that has done breast augmentation on women in the fitness industry?

Thank you for your question.  For athletic females and body builders, an important consideration would be to place the breast implants above the muscle in order to avoid an animation deformity.  When choosing a surgeon in your area, make sure that they are experienced with aesthetic cases and are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation for an active woman

Women who are highly active, in the fitness industry, or even bodybuilders, certainly need to take into account their operation  and the possible options available. There are a couple ways to perform the breast augmentation, one is to put the implant under the muscle the other option is to put the implant over the muscle, there is no correct answer, it depends not only on the level of activity, but also skin quality and tone, the thickness of the skin, and patient preference. I have done this operation in all types of patients and what is needed, is an in-depth discussion an in person consultation. While placing the implant under muscle can be beneficial, patients sometimes endure displacement of the implant or a little pressure when they lift weights. Please  check out our website to learn more, and good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Thank you or your question. Dr William Adams is excellent and is a National Leader in Breast Augmentation. For more information please read below:

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
  I hope this, and the attached link/video (dedicated to  athletic patients), helps.