Breast seems to flat! Plus it feels weird when I move my arm? (Photo)

I am 4 weeks post op today. I go see my dr next week. But I have a question I will ask him as well, could you tell me why one of my breast is still flat at the bottom? And just today I noticed that when I extend the same arm out to do stuff or left it above my head, I can feel my muscle move and I looked in the mirror and I can see the implant when it does that, is this normal?

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Breast Asymmetry at 4 weeks

Hi Lizzie

You are seeing asymmetry that occurs after breast augmentation.  Really you didn't have a breast augmentation, you had two breast augmentations, and therefore, don't expect them to heal at the same rates.  In my experience, the implants really start to drop and look good between 3 and 4 weeks after surgery and then really continue to look better for a year or more.

The motion you notice is due to muscle activation and occurs because implant under.

Review with your doctor next week, and have a good weekend neighbor.