8 days post op Breast Augmentation, my breasts feels unnatural. Is my breast swelling, dropping, or capsular contracture?(photo)

I had my breast augmentation procedure done 8 days ago, saline, 400 ccs in the right and 450 ccs in the right. I feel like something is wrong. I feel a clicking sound when I press my right breast on the side. They don't feel really hard but the right one hurts now. Before, it was the left and now it seems like it dropped or I have a capsular contracture. Please provide me with any information possible. I have posted a pre op photo and a few post.

Implants always look strange in the beginning. It usually takes 3 to 6 months to settle. Don't expect them to look good before then.

Eight days after breast augmentation

You are only a week away from your surgery. Swelling and some degree of asymmetry are very normal at this point. Follow up with your surgeon so they can verify that things are as they should be. Ask them to explain again to you what to expect in the weeks and months ahead in terms of your healing. It's much too early to have developed capsular contracture.

Concerns about early augmentation

Thank you for your pictures. This too early to have capsular contracture. The unnatural feeling is probably due to swelling. This will improve. You have asymmetry to your areola. This may settle out over the next 2 1/2 months. Judge your results at that time.

In general, everything looks good and it would be ABSOLUTELY normal to experience what you are describing. There is no capsular contracture as the capsule has not even formed yet. Your surgeon should examine you to be certain all is well and that there is not hematoma for instance.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

8 days post op

Take a deep breath and exhale.  You are very early post-op and the breasts need time to heal. I will say that if you are overly concerned and have pain in one more than the other, then you may want to see your surgeon.

You should see your Surgeon

Base on your photos there is an irregularity on you surgery, but is not possible to make a diagnosis just looking a few pictures, so i recommend to go to your surgeon to explain your concerns and he can perform a examination that way he will be hable to answers all your questions.

Carlos Lopez Collado, MD

8 days post op Breast Augmentation, my breasts feels unnatural. Is my breast swelling, dropping, or capsular contracture

Yes I think you might haste an issue BUT over the internet we can not make diagnosis. Best to see your surgeon ASAP or seek other second opinions... 

Looks normal

Your breasts look typical of being still early in your recovery. Your breasts will settle in three to four months and this can happen sooner in one breast than the other. It doesn't appear that you have capsular contracture as this is indicated by hardening of scar tissue. Swelling is common right now and will subside after a few weeks. 

No evidence of capsular contraction 8 days after breast augmentation

Based on your photographs I see no evidence of capsular contraction and it would be extremely unusual for this to occur so early.  Asymmetries such as you have are very common after eight days.  The most important thing is for you to see her plastic surgeon for an examination and reassurance by your surgeon that everything is okay.

8 days after breast augmentation

Thanks for your pictures and questions.  You are very early in your healing course after surgery.  Each breast will heal at a different rate, it is common for the implants to "drop" at different rates.  If you are concerned about how they feel, make sure you follow up with your surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD