I have a bump on the top right side of my nose. It is has gotten bigger. What could it be, and how do I get rid of it?

Nasal deformities are very common and can be corrected with a rhinoplasty. A full consultation would be required but I prefer an open rhinoplasty to more accurately correct the deformity.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question. It is difficult to give you advice without an in-person examination and without pictures. 

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Rhinoplasty can usually make a nice improvement...

While I can't say for sure without an examination, most of the time a bump forms near the top of the nose on the side because of a little extra growth at the point where the bone meets the cartilage on the nose. Many times it can be bigger on one side than the other and rhinoplasty would be a great way to shave the bump down. Be sure to find a surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty and has a lot of experience in shaving down bumps.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose

The typical "bump on the nose" can be improved with an outpatient nasal (rhinoplasty) procedure.  However, as "bumps" can have more than one cause it would be important for you to be evaluated by an experienced surgeon as to the reason you have a bump and discuss your treatment options.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose

Without seeing you in person it is difficult to say what the bump could be. Are you talking about a skin lesion, or the underlying nasal anatomy?

Rhinoplasty to remove the bump on the nose

Without a set of pictures, its impossible to give any meaningful opinion. The dorsal hump can be asymmetric  usually from an injury to the bridge of the nose. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and must be shaved down surgically in order to remove it. Osteotomies of the nasal bones will then be required to close the open roof created from the hump removal. For many examples and more information, please see link below

I have a bump on the right side of my nose.............

In order to help you more information would be necessary,
including a photograph, your age and any history of trauma or previous surgery.
Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS