4 months swelling? (Photos)

Please tell me if it's normal to be this swollen and hard st 4mpo. My docs says it is but by 4 months the swelling should have subsided a lot by now. It's so discouraging and depressing sometime. I'm schedule to have touch up lipo to abs and flanks in December. With all this hard swelling, I can't see that being possible. Please help

4 Months post op Abdominal Swelling

Swelling at 4 months post op can definitely be normal however if the area feels hard you may have a pocket of fluid requiring treatment. I recommend that you continue to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon and share any concerns.

All the best

Post tummy tuck swelling

Swelling after abdominoplasty is not unsusual. This swelling can take up to 6 months to resolve. You need to see your surgeon though and make sure that you do not have a fluid collection or other issue.

Wesley Thayer, MD

Swelling many months after tummy tuck surgery?

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. What you describe is commonly encountered after this procedure. Patients will like their “flatness” immediately after surgery; then, these same patients are disappointed for a period of time once swelling of the tissues occurs. In the longer term (this may take several months and even up to one year), the swelling dissipates and the skin of the abdominal wall "redrapes"  over the smaller underlying  musculoskeletal framework (where the abdominal wall muscles have been brought together again in the midline).

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.