How to get rid of my styes/chalazions? (photos)
Doctor Answers 8
Allergies & Styes
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram
Thanks for your question. It is not likely that your situation is due to allergies but rather the rubbing of the eyes that happens due to allergies that can cause you to get an infection and irritation. When the stye has been present for so long, it will need to be surgically drained but can be done in the office. Continue the warm compresses as you have and try and not rub your eyes in the future and perhaps use allergy medication to help with the irriation. Hope this helps.
All the best,
Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
How to get rid of my styes/chalazions?
You might also like...
Agree with Dr. Martin regarding your chalazia.
Treatment of "styes" (chalazions):
Chalazions - how to treat them
- These are quite annoying and may be related to the pollen
- They are the result of blocked glands along the rim of the eye.
- Heat compresses are fine but blocked glands often get infected.
- You may need to see your doctor for antibiotics - once the inflammation is gone, a surgery to have the glands removed.
- This is a minor office procedure -
- See a plastic or ophthalmoplastic surgeon.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.