Is there redness and swelling after Vitrase?

I had restalyne in my forehead 4 weeks ago. I experienced a lot of redness and swelling. I felt the doctor overfilled one of my lines and four weeks later we see I was correct and now she is suggesting Vitrase to reduce the fill. How much redness and swelling do you typically see with Vitrase? Is it just and bad as the filler? Will I have a lot of redness and swelling or is the recovery more immediate.

Hyaluronidase to dissolve fillers

no, hyaluronidase is not hydrophillic (attracts water) like most HA fillers are. Therefore it does not swell. The bruising risk is probably about the same as for fillers, but because we usually aren't injecting as aggressively, it is less common to bruise with hyaluronidase. I will warn you, however, that it does burn a bit and that makes it worse than getting fillers!

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase effects

I generally use Hyalenex when needed.  To date, I have not seen severe bruising or swelling. Different fillers dissolve at different rates.  I often see improvement with 48 hours although a week is more typical.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist

Hyaluronidase To Reverse Filler Injection

It can take roughly 2 weeks to see results no matter what is injected. Typically hyaluronidase does not produce as much swelling or bruising as you may see with Restylane. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Is there redness and swelling after Vitrase? #Hylenex

Typically, these is not. There is some cross reaction between Vitrase in people with bee sting allergy. However, I have not seen this with Hylenex which is a newer form of Hyaluronidase. Best.
Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vitrase

it depends on how your body responds to the virtues and at what concentration it is injected.  I have seen anything from absolutely no reaction all the way through redness and swelling that lasts for a few minutes to an hour.  Icing the area immediately after and maintaining cold compresses on and off for the rest of the day should help should there be any redness or swelling after injection.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon