What can I do to help the bulging at my inner elbow from my brachioplasty? (Photo)

Dont worry

So this looks like a recent armlift from the colour and quality of the scars. Probably in the last 1-2 months?There will be alot more settling and softening to do over the next 3-6 months so dont worry for now. Rest assured, if the bulge persists, small volume liposuction or scar revision can be performed in the future but there is every chance this wont be necessary. Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

It appears by your photos that you are still in the beginning stages of healing from your surgery. If you are, I would share your concerns with your surgeon so that they can be addressed, if you still have an issue after 6-9 months.If a patient of mine has an issue like this after at least 6 months, I may offer to do a small scar revision under local anesthetic in the office to remove any scar tissue that may be the cause.Overall, your incisions look good and I believe time will improve your issues.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Bulge after brachioplasty

Not sure how far out you are from surgery.  Generally, allow 3-6 months to pass for all the swelling to subside and tissues to soften.  If you still experience a bulge, liposuction may be an option at that point.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Arm Lift/ Brachioplasty/Skin Tightening/ Body Contouring/ High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

What can I do to help the bulging at my inner elbow from my brachioplasty?

Sometimes the ring "bands" are very difficult. You can try SAFElipo to circumferential arm liposuction for the residual bulging areas.

Mahmood Kara, MD