Why do I still have a bulge 7 months after tummy tuck and abdominoplasty? (Photo)

I got the procedure done 7 months ago. Tummy tuck, abdominoplasty and lipo. Doctor said its just my stomach and internal fat , yet I have diet so much, I haven't gained nor lost weight but this bulge just never left, should I be worried? Does this mean he did a bad job?

The appearance of a bulge may have to do with the muscle tightening if it was performed. I need to see your before photos. Liposuction can help sculpt the shape of the abdomen even more. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Bulge 7 Months Post-Op

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

If you find that you are worried this bulge is not swelling or healing of your incisions then it would be best to visit your surgeon for an examination to ensure that healing is going well. Good luck.