Had hair transplant of about 5000 grafts some 3 months ago. About 70 percent hair has shed off. But no visible growth of hair?

I had hair transplantation done some 3 months ago. 70 percentage transplanted hair have fallen off and the donor area has almost recovered to original thickness. Till now no visible growth of new transplanted hair. The hair I have on my head might be due to influence of finasteride and minoxidil because the hair stem are thick just like donor area but hair density is low (scalp is quite visible). I think If it was transplanted hair it would be very thin at first . So, I am worried.

Shedding

Shedding grafts is a normal process after a hair transplant. Sometime every hair and every graft sheds and does not return until the hair goes into anagen which is usually 5-6 months after a hair transplant is done

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5000 grafts?

This sounds like an unusually large amount. However, remember it can take 18 months for results and not all transplants give actual growth. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist