Still have a bump after rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had open rhinoplasty 17 days before. I had a bump on the bridge of my nose and small bones on the both sides of the nose. Bump is removed but i can still see a bump it's not as big as before but difference is minimal and i feel a very small sized bone on the right side of my nose. When i press my bump it feels like a bone.is this swelling? My doctor said I should wait. Im really sad and worried. I'll see my doctor after a month. Please help

17 days

You are very early in your healing process.  It is best to try to be patient and follow all of your surgeon's instructions.  Best wishes. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Your doctor is right. Don't press hard and don't worry too much. Unless you have done many rhinoplasties, as most of us rhinoplasty specialists have, it is very early to get impatient and make early judgments. You do need to wait 6-12 months to begin looking at the shape of your nose. Swelling can be uneven, asymmetric, and undesirable for the patient but it resolves in the coming months. Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon