Can the Vagina Be Resealed After First Sex?

Hymenoplasty: Restoring a Woman's Hymen

Thank you for your question. I am assuming that you are referring to a hymenoplasty. Having an intact hymen for intercourse on your wedding night is important for many religions and cultures.  Surgical repair is possible by a cosmetic surgeon experienced in genital surgery.  Our Institute has a center dedicated to women interested in restoring their hymen.  We are sensitive to the delicate nature of the situation and keep the utmost confidentiality. Although a hymenoplasty can be performed, there is never a guarantee that bleeding will occur even in a woman with an naturally intact hymen.  There are many factors involved, including thickness of the hymen, force of penetration, and the size of the penis. I hope that this information helped answer your question.   Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Cleveland Urologist

Hymenoplasty can restore the appearance of a hymen which has been torn by intercourse so that it appears intact. The procedure is relatively quick and has a mild recovery. Complete healing takes about six weeks.

"Resealing" the Vagina

I am not sure but believe you are inquiring about Hymenoplasty whereby the hymen is repaired (i.e. sewn back together) at the vaginal opening to restore a "virgin" state.  This procedure is commonly performed for women of certain cultures where they are essentially required to be a "virgin"  at the time of marriage.  Glad to help... @drryanstanton 

Ryan Stanton, MD