I'm using hydroquinone plus in pregnancy how will it effect my baby? Alternatives?

I'm using hydroquinone plus and I'm 12 weeks pregnant. If I should stop this. Plz tell me any alternative as my skin has much spots . Thank u

Thanks for your query. Hydroquinone comes in category c for the pregnancy risk, which means that it gives a severe risk to the baby; hence it should not be applied during pregnancy. There are various alternatives to it like kojic acid based creams or glycolic peels which can be done during pregnancy can take care of the pigmentation. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon