What could I do to look less tired and not to look older than I am? (photos)

Hi, I'm unhappy with the way I look. I believe I look sad and tired and not only because I have bags under eyes, I believe my whole face looks saggy wich makes me look older than I am. I'm only 23 years old and when I introduce myself everyone says (why do people do that?) they thought I was up to 5 years older... I would like to hear your opinion on what I could do to improve my appearance. I'm looking forward to hearing your answer.

Fillers

I think fillers would be a good option to address the "tired" look you feel you have.  Medical grade skin care products can also help by giving the skin a fresh, dewy appearance.  I suggest you meet with an experienced injector in your area for a discussion of your treatment goals.  I think you'll find you have many options available and you can choose together which you think will work best for you.

Injectable Fillers

Injectable fillers such as Restylane can help restore volume under the eyes which can help reduce the tired look. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Tired look

Hello! You are quite young but have hollows under the eyes. I would NOT recommend surgery but filler to fix the tear trough hollows under the eyes would make you look less tired, has no downtime and is much less expensive than surgical options. Find an experienced injector. Results are instant and amazing. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Looking younger

You have a relatively neutral vector under the eyes (vertical line from eye to cheek), which makes your tear troughs or malar creases appear more prominent.  This is best addressed with some under eye and cheek fillers to give you more cheek fullness and help the lower lids transition smoothly onto the cheeks.  

Regarding your upper lids, you do appear to have a raised upper lid crease, and your right brow is more active than your left, presumably as its trying to lift your eyelid/brow up.  This is a sign of eyelid ptosis, and eyelid ptosis surgery will correct this for you.  Most of why you appear older is due to issues around the eyes.  Lastly, I feel that your nasal profile contributes to an overprojection in the frontal plane, which distracts the viewer to focus more on the nose, which is also a sign of aging.  Sorry I realize that may sound harsh and I may be giving you another issue to deal with...  but to be complete, I would have this discussion with you if you were my patient, even though you may not like me afterwards!  

You need your upper eyelid ptosis repaired and a small amount of under eye fillers.

Having these two issues addressed will make you look your age.  The rest of the face is normal.  Have the eyes fixed, the brows will relax.  Carefully do your home work.  Who does your surgery makes a profound difference.