I'm wanting my 10 yr old 450cc saline over the muscle implants removed with a lift. What is the average cost and outcome?

I am 5 ft 6 and about 140 athletic and my implants just don't fit into my lifestyle anymore, they are heavy and painful. I had a saggy C cup prior to surgery and had implants over the mucsle with a donut lift,which never worked as the sutures in the lift on my left breast kept breaking. I want them removed with a lift. Do you think I would have enough volume to pull this off without looking deflated? Also could I have a lollipop lift or would I need a full anchor? What's the average cost?

It's a good question. Saline implants can be drained in the office. After waiting for your tissues to contract, you'll be able to get a good sense of your breast size without the implants and the type of lift needed. I anticipate that you will benefit from a full breast lift using an anchor incision.

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - 10 yr old 450cc saline

You'll need to see a board-certified plastic surgeon near you (or several for completeness) to have these questions answered.  Costs vary widely from region to region.Aside from that, there are many choices and deciding what is the best thing for you needs to be done at the same time that you find out the costs.  That may seem like backwards reasoning but you don't want to make a decision based on price alone and then find out - afterwards - that you wish you'd made a different one.  Whether or not you can afford the procedure you decide you want is part of the consultation process and is of course an important consideration.Based on your photos, though, I would think that you'll need the Anchor lift to produce a result you'll be happy with. Fortunately, the incision underneath is not as noticeable as you might think (once it fades).  You can, if you prefer, limit the procedure to a lollipop with the understanding that it can be revised at some point in the future if necessary.I hope that this helps and good luck,Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

The cost will depend on who you choose to do the surgery and can vary considerably. As to the outcome, we prefer to drain the implants with a needle in the office and then give the tissues 6 weeks to tighten on their own as much as they can. That way it is easy to determine how much lift and what type of lift will give the best results. You can't do that if the implants are full because you cannot predict what the breasts will look like without the implant volume. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Thank you for the question and pictures.  When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as wellI would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  I think that you will find that any board-certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery, will have significant “expertise” with breast implant removal surgery as well. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. You may find the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns) helpful as you learn more. Best wishes.