Swelling 11 months after tummy tuck. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had a full tummy tuck 11 months ago and have been having some swelling the past few days. Is this normal? I am 32, 4'9 and weigh 105lbs normally it's very flat.. I look like I am pregnant right now though :( these pics are like a week apart and same weight

Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty / Liposuction / Mommy Makeover / Reverse Abdominoplasty

I appreciate your question.Since there has been a change in your post op course, please follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz

Swelling 11 months after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos. This most likely has nothing to do with your tummy tuck surgery. The new onset of swelling could be from a variety of intra-abdominal issues such as: constipation, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, etc...    I would suggest following up with your primary care physician for further evaluation. Hope this helps and good luck. 

Swelling 11 months after Tummy Tuck

Its not possible to to gather too much information based on the clothed photos provided. There is likely no residual swelling at this point almost one year out from the surgery. If this is a new finding and you are concerned, I recommend you visit your PS.

Swelling 11 months after tummy tuck. Is this normal?

swelling in the lower abdomen after 1 year +/- has NOTHING to do with the TT. But best to return to see your surgeon. (was this TT done in a clinica?). Or seek other PS second opinions. Plus see your GYN to rule out uterine issues. 

Swelling post tummy

This is unusual and maybe related to your period or perhaps irregular bowel patterns or maybe you have a cyst say on your ovary.If it doesn't go down then I would go to my internist or plastic surgeon to have it checked out but you should not be having this swelling 11 months out.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Sorry it is really impossible to tell with just the photos. You need to be examined by your surgeon. Good luck. By the way your "flat" photo looks great. Congrats!