What are my options?

Had a root canal on my front tooth. I required a crown for that tooth but my insurance wouldn't cover it. I asked what to do. The dentist said dont worry no big deal we will fill with gutta percha. Them my childbumped her head on it and it broke in half. I cannot afford a crown. It's almost $800! I live paycheck to paycheck. I don't know what to do or if I can do anything. Can anyone help me please?I can't eat at all and I can barely drink water. It's starting to affect my health and my weight.

Financing and #Crown #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would recommend returning to your dentist to have your tooth evaluated.  If enough tooth structure remains, a crown would be recommend as soon as possible to save your tooth. I understand that your financial situation may not currently permit this, but this is such an important tooth, you may need to get on a payment plan at your dentist, or consider financing options.  Crowning your tooth now will be much cheaper then having to replace it in the future.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Your options are to fix the tooth with a crown (possibly a post now) or risk losing the tooth.  Replacement of a missing tooth will wind up costing a lot more.  I would see your dentist and let him examine to make sure there is not further damage.  When you talk with him/her make sure to ask if there are any finance options they provide for patients that may help you get the crown now and pay it off over months. 

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist