What is the most natural looking type of implant?

I am 5'8 130 have no kids currently a size 34A I went to my first consultation I was measured at 12.5 & 12 acrossed I am wanting to go to a C cup I got to feel implants and see some before & afters. My 2nd appointment will be more hands on and figuring out what cc to go with and type of implant I know I silicon is better because I'm smaller What do you think my best option would be for a fuller more natural look Any advice?

REcommendation

Hi Thank you for your question. Unfortunately it is difficult to provide a recommendation without the photos. However teardrop shape of implants usually provides natural looking breast. The size also matters, but this will depend on your existing breast tissues and, chest wall dimension.

Request a recommendation from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Goodluck!

Thailand Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Natural Looking Breast Implants

Thank you for your questions and for providing details. From what you described, i believe anatomic silicone implants would be the most natural way to go. Silicone feels most natural and anatomic implants have the most natural shape. As for size, discuss these details with your surgeon to assure they will be adjusted to your body type. Best of luck to you

Thank you for your question.  The tear drop or shaped silicone implants will give you the most natural appearing look with an implant.  They feel more natural than saline implants.  The tear or shaped implant does not give you the roundness at the top of the breast that a round silicone implant will.  It appears more natural, but you do get volume and cleavage with the implant.  Best of luck to you!

Natural Looking Implant

This is a very good question.  Many different types of implants are available today.  Generally speaking, silicone gel implants tend to look more natural and feel softer than saline implants. Tear drop or shaped implants may give a more natural appearance as well.  Implant size also determines how natural you will look.  Finally, your body size and shape, as well as your volume of natural breast tissue play a significant role in your final appearance.

Steven H. Wiener, MD

Silicone Teardrop Implants

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, for women with less breast tissue, silicone implants feel the most natural. You might consider teardrop shaped implants as they mimic the shape of natural breasts. That said, different implants look better on different anatomies. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to "try on" different implants. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon. Breast of luck!

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

The Natural Look

The word natural is so subjective, it would be impossible for me to guess what that means to you. However, if you could pick on variable that has the most impact on breast augmentation outcome it is not the type or shape of the implant, it is the size of the implant relative to the patient's tissue dimensions.  As you can see, the implant size and your subjective appearance of the result are inextricably linked. Like so many others, you quote only your breast width, and talk about bra cup sizes, both of which offer little help.  Biodimensional or tissue based implant selection is more than just breast diameter, but it is so important to determine this first. Bra cup sizes should be completely abandoned to determine your aesthetic goal. Instead, in office sizing using a tight, unpadded bra and implants/sizers standing in front of the mirror will give you and your surgeon much more information. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Try some sizers

Discuss with your surgeon and try some sizers to feel the weight and see how your profile will change.  Most likely for your description and look, a moderate plus profile implant will be a nice balance of projection and curvature.  

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD 

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Looking for natural

Thank you for your question.  Generally, an implant that is appropriately sized and placed under the muscle in a dual plane will produce a very natural result.  Smooth, round silicone implants feel natural and soft.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Most natural appearance

in a patient with minimal native breast tissue, usually the best cosmetic outcome is obtained by placing a silicone gel breast implant under the muscle. The fuller you desire to be, the more apparent the implants become. You should easily be able to achieve your goals with a skilled plastic surgeon. I would recommend trying on several size implants in a sports bra to get a rough idea of what a specific implant looks like on your body frame. 

Jonathan Amspacher, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon