Losing hair and I'm only 18. (photos)

I have been shedding hair a lot lately especially when I shower. Ive been doing home remedies to try to prevent it like oil treatments but I don't know if its working. My hair type is naturally very thin.

Losing hair and I'm only 18.

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Genetic male pattern balding starts with puberty. Home remedies do not help. You can consider seeing a doctor

Genetic male pattern balding starts with puberty.  Home remedies do not help.  You can consider seeing a doctor for a diagnosis and explore treatment options.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss Treatments

Depending upon candidacy there are several efficacious hair loss treatments available. We offer non surgical PRP, or platelet rich plasma injections which have the potential  to increase hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles in both male and females, Capillus laser therapy which can increase hair volume by up to 20%  while preventing  future hair loss, supplements and topical treatments, as well as surgical methods like follicular unit transplant and follicular unit extraction when needed. My goal as a hair restoration surgeon is to work closely with my patients to determine what is causing their hair loss and what is best treatment option for their individual need and long term goals. I would recommend an in person exam with a specialist. 
Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Too young for Hair transplantation

Thanks for posting your photos.As you are too young and your hairloss will may move on you should not do any transplantation.Pls check with an expert about other treatments like PRP or some other medications.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. Non invasive options include PRP/progesterone or transplantation for improvement. Best, Dr. Emer

Young and having hair loss

Get aggressive right back!  If you have aggressive hair loss, find yourself a reputable hair doctor who knows all you options (medical as well as surgical!) and start on treatment.  More is better at this point in your life and your hair's life cycle.  The four treatments that will have the most effect if this is typical male pattern hair loss are finasteride, minoxidil, LLLT, and the medicated shampoos.  Do them all, do them together, and do them for at least a year before giving up.  AVOID surgery (and this is a surgeon telling you this) until you are at least 25 or until the hair loss has been stabilized over the course of a year with medical treatment alone.  A surgeon who would do surgery on you would put you in a difficult situation down the line.
Good luck!

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

18 and losing hair

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon