What implant size would you recommend for me? (Photo)

I am 5'5", 165lbs, and currently wearing a 34C (I don't completely fill the cups anymore. I want to get high profile silicone implants. What size would you recommend I choose to give me a significant increase, but not be totally obvious that I had my boobs done? I want them to look very natural and for people to question if I had a procedure or not.

What implant size would you recommend for me?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is impossible to recommend an implant size without a personal exam and consultation.  The factors that go into the decision besides your height and weight are your own physical dimensions, which will help determine which size implants will look most natural on you and provide the best fit. Many plastic surgeons also offer sizers and 3D imaging to give you a much more realistic idea of how various sizes and types of implants will look and feel.  Many women find these tools to be particularly helpful. In addition great communication with your own plastic surgeon as to your own goals for the surgery should help give you the desired outcome.  I hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you. 

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

Implant volume is somewhat subjective. Implants anywhere from ~240 cc to 400 cc would most commonly be used. You should consider techniques to help you decide like sizes or three-dimensional imaging (not necessarily to give you a very accurate rendering of how you would look, but to give you some idea and also to help you understand how your breasts look prior to surgery). You may consider a more cohesive device to help shape the breast and provide a more natural look. Still, round saline and silicone implants can also work well in the hands of an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon.

Implant sizing

Thank you for your question. I would imagine that somewhere in the 350-375cc range would look nice on you, providing more fullness but still looking natural. I like to have patients try the various implant sizes in our office inside of a non-padded bra. It's not perfect, but can help simulate the look you'd get. Best wishes on your procedure!

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Choosing an #implant size

I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon and take photographs of implant looks that you like.  During a consultation, your PS will take multiple measurements of your specific breast base etc and then will be able to recommend an implant that meets your desired results.

Every body is different, and implants require a custom fit.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Breast enhancement

This is a common and difficult question to answer without an in-person evaluation. Everyone has their own definition of what a natural esthetic breast looks like. I would suggest visiting a plastic surgeons office and discuss what you see is deficient in your breast appearance and then build a plan on how you address it. Many offices now have 3D modeling software that can scan your chest and then build on a computer a graphic representation of what various implant sizes will do to adjust breast volume. This is a good way you see a projection of your results prior to surgery.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

The perception of what is a "natural looking breast" is very individual and varies greatly from patient to patient and from doctor to doctor.

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and anunderstanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breastdimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 34 C-D and a 38 C-D are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. Nor is there a direct correlation between implant shape or size and cup size.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how to do it without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Most #natural looking #breast implants

The most natural looking implants are anatomical implants, the most natural feel implants are regular silicone implants. Moderate profile implants will give you the most filling of your natural breasts without so much upper pole fullness, but the size of your implants will also determine the "natural" look if your augmentation.
The surgeon you elect to perform the cosmetic procedure is the most important factor in obtaining a good result, be sure you seek the help of a surgeon member of the ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

Thank you for your question.  Implant size should be based off of your breast measurements.  In addition trying on sizers is a good way to get an idea of how a certain implant will look on your body.  Goal pictures can be helpful as well during your consultation.   Best wishes.  

Dr Rast

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Unsure on How to Choose Your Breast Implant Size

As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.
This may provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest.
Other factors which contribute to the outcome are #size, #shape, and #profile.
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape, size and placement of the #implants to be used. Lastly, another important element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon