I had under eye blepharoplasty 9 days ago. I have no swelling, but my incision line is think and bumpy. Any suggestions?

I asked the nurse about the bumps and she said that they are under eye stitches that still need to dissolve, however they removed stitches that day in the office. Do these lumps go away and if so...how much time ?

Post Op Healing

At 9 days post-op, it is still common to see and feel bumps and irregularities along your incision line. Although they removed the visible stitches, which did not dissolve on their own, the healing process is still very early. Usually the incision flattens and softens with time, as most scars do. The eyelid skin is very thin and generally heals very well to the point that most incisions are barely visible. If you are still concerned, speak with your surgeon.

Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Healing after blepharoplasty

Complete healing after all surgery can take up to one year and this is the case for eyelid surgery too. I think it is too soon after your blepharoplasty and you will see these bumps resolve over the next few months. 

Ioannis Gkotsikas, MD
Greece Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty Incision line

It is not at all unusual to have some irregularities of the incision line at 9 days post-operatively infact some people can have it a lot longer than that. Everyone is different so its hard to give an exact time line of when it will go away. Most of these just need time to heal. I think you should be okay in the long run. I would definitely discuss it with your surgeon the next time you see them. Hope this helps.

Syed Ahmad, MD, FACS
Plano Oculoplastic Surgeon

When will the bumps along the suture line resolve following blepharoplasty?

Thank you for sharing your question. Healing time for the wound varies for blepharoplasty. In a few months up to a year one can see resolution of the bumps. It is normal to see bumps on the upper eyelids at 9 days post op. I hope this helps.
Good luck,