I am looking to get a Breast Augmentation, any advice?

I am looking to get a breast augmentation I am currently a size 34A and want to go to A C cup but I am confused on what that would be in CC's I want a natural look but with clevage and I was told Natrelle silicon would be my best bet? Not saline because I have more of a chance of ripples Any advise?

Breast Augmentation Decision

Thanks for your question. The most important factor in making your decision is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon. That individual can help you decide what is best for you. In our practice we use Vectra 3D imaging to give our patients a realistic view of what they will look like following surgery. Good luck.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. I would tend to agree that the silicone gel implants will give you a more natural look with potentially less rippling, particularly if you are starting off with an A cup and don't have a lot of your own tissues to hide the implant. In terms of the size or volume of the implant, I like to have patients "try on" the various implants in a non-padded bra we have in our offices. It seems to be the best way of really experiencing the size for yourself. There are some limitations based on your anatomy, and we can help determine that during your examination. I hope that helps you a little. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Implant Choices

Your Plastic Surgeon won't be able to promise a cup size accurately but based on your specific measurements and your preferred look. Typically you will have a few different sizes to choose from and my patients prefer to try implant sizers on with a form fitting T-Shirt in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look.

All the best

Implant Advice

A consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon will answer your questions based on your desires and anatomy.  Vector 3-d imaging is also helpful to simulate what you would look like with different types and sizes of implants.  It is true saline can ripple more but in some patients with a moderate amount of breast tissue it may not be as noticeable. 

Breast augmentation

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra silicone implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for a very good question "blondie."  Meet with one or more ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons to discuss options and get opinions suitable to your goals and potential.  I like patients to review photos of other patients with me (either mine or those brought in from the internet by the patient) to determine the proportions that they seek and if realistic for their anatomy, choose incision location, position of the implant (almost all in my practice are placed partially subpectoral) type of implant (nearly all nowadays are cohesive silicone gel) and I select a range of implants to have available at the time of surgery.  I place sizers or test implants with the patient asleep and partially upright to match as closely as possible their goals.  I'd suggest letting your surgeon choose the final implant size on this basis rather than choosing the final implant before surgery based on how it fills a bra cup.  For me, aesthetic shaping is as important as actual ccs or cup size based on 30+ years experience.  Others get great results by using dimension measurement only but I prefer the added flexibility I get from spending extra time making the choice of implant size at the time of the procedure.

Of course you need to be confident in the doctor whom you choose based on reputation, personal rapport and subjective factors such as bedside manner and office staff.  Good luck!

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

I am looking to get a Breast Augmentation, any advice

Thank you for your question. Size of the implant depending on your chest measurements and your and surgeon goals. I recommend you to consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Go to 2-3 consults

And find a surgeon who you have confidence in. There are good sizing kids on the market today, so you need to show your surgeon some pictures of the "look" you want and then he/she along with you can figure out how big(how much volume) you would like. best of luck

There is a great deal to learn when deciding to have a breast augmentation. During a consultation, I want to get to know your goals, which sounds like a natural, proportional appearance. Next, I want to discuss how the procedure is performed, including what to expect post-op. Finally, I will discuss the different type of implants and have you try them on with a sports bra. Regarding size, the number of cc's will be determined by your breast dimensions. Good luck! I hope to see you soon!