Is CoolSculpting right for me? (Photos)

I am very bothered by this pooch I have! I have dropped 25 pounds and kept it off for a year, but no matter what I do, this stupid pooch won't go away! This is my biggest insecurity and I'm looking to see if CS is an option or if I'm stuck with this darn thing... One of my other concerns is how long does it take for your stomach to look normal again? Am I going to have to stay covered for weeks??

Candidate for CoolSculpting?

Yes, you are the perfect candidate for Coolsculpting. It is ideal for someone who is about or near their ideal body weight, yet has a stubborn area of fat they cannot get rid of.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Consultation

Please schedule a CoolSculpting consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers a variety of options to address your concerns. Often times a combination of procedures produce the most effective results. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Is CoolSculpting right for me?

Thank you for you question. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn about the procedure, and determine if you are a candidate. If you move forward with the treatment, you may be left with bruising, swelling, and numbness for 2-3 weeks. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

I Coolsculpting the right treatment?

Fortunately for you, your abdominal shape appears very conducive to Coolsculpting treatment. It appears that a you have the "pinchable" fat that is very amenable to Coolsculpting treatment. Treatment with Coolsculpting can take upwards of an hour and produce results in as little as 1 month. However, your best results will not be seen for upwards of 3 months.

Is CoolSculpting right for me?

Kshreve9922, CoolSculpting is particularly helpful in target areas that have been resistant to diet and exercise, such as the “pooch” that you describe. The photos are helpful but of course they don’t take the place of a face to face visit. It appears that you are not particularly over weight and have a focal area of targeted fat. Generally, this is the type of fat that does quite well with CoolSculpting. However, if there is mild to moderate skin laxity a non-surgical tightening procedure may help. But if there is significant skin laxity then a surgical procedure with skin excision may be recommended.

CoolSculpting and ThermiTIGHT following weightloss

Dear kshreve9922:

Thanks for sharing your photo! Congrats on losing your weight. You look awesome!

Many of us carry such a "pooch". This is a wonderful place for CoolSculpting to work and while it is not guaranteed may even shrink some skin too. You will be able to enjoy the summer as this is a non-invasive and non-surgical option. 

If you are left with some wiggle or jiggle after CoolSculpting and wish no surgery, consider the minimally invasive ThermiTIGHT procedure to tighten skin. You will have swelling and be required to wear a compression garment for the tummy, so consider this at a time when you are covered. 

With each procedure, it will take about 3 months to obtain your optimal appearance.

Good luck!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting for Lower Abdomen "Pooch"

Congrats on the weight loss. Looking at your photo you look to be a good candidate for CoolSculpting using either the CoolCore or CoolSmooth Pro but to be sure I would recommend an in person consultation with your provider. They will be better able to be sure it is sub-cutaneous in the area of concern and will give you the right treatment plan. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for the pooch

Congratulations on your weight loss. While only a consultation and exam can answer your question definitively, CoolSculpting could be a good option for you. Two other non-surgical treatment options also available in our office are truSculpt and SculpSure. With all three treatments, improvement in appearance occurs over a period of weeks or months as the fall cells are destroyed and eliminated from the body. A cpnsultation will allow you determine which of the three options is best for you or if you should instead consider a surgical option. Good luck!

Janet Turkle, MD

Is CoolSculpting right for me?

Dear kshreve9922,
While an exam is necessary you do look to be a very good candidate for Coolsculpting. You would likely have a little swelling and tenderness for a couple of days, and possible a little bruising like a hickey that goes away quickly. 
Because you have lost so much weight (good for you) there may be a degree of laxity that might require a tummy tuck for the best improvement. It is good to be evaluated by a practice that can offer you all procedures to they are not biased in their recommendations. 

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting or SculpSure works well for the lower abdomen

CoolSculpting (fat freezing) or SculpSure (laser fat melting) both would work well for a small localized area in the lower abdomen.  SculpSure is the newer procedure, is less painful than CoolSculpting with no down time and the treatment takes only 24 minutes compared to an hour with CoolSculpting.  Both should remove on average 25% of the subcutaneous fat.  It takes around 8-12 weeks to see the results of either procedure.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon