Can my Class II overbite of about 5mm be fixed without extractions of my upper bicuspids? (Photos)

I went to my first ortho consult a few days ago, and not even ten minutes after my scans/ pictures I was told I would have to remove two of my teeth. I was told I had a full class II overbite of about 5mm. The top of my mouth is a bit crowded but I'd still like to find a way to fix my smile enough without pulling teeth. I am set to have my wisdom teeth pulled because there is no room for them, would this help spacing at all? P.s. my Dr. drew on my pictures to try and give a better visual.

Orthodontics vs Orthopedics: The DNA Appliance would be excellent in your case.

I would suggest a consult with a doctor familiar with the DNA Appliance.  Extracting teeth is NOT the correct answer for  an underdeveloped maxilla.  The correct approach to do so is expansion.

Extraction can increase risks for TMJ disorders, headaches, migraines, sleep apnea and snoring.

You have a narrow maxilla from your photo which supports the muscles and tissues of your face. I would suggest a consult on orthopedic expansion of the maxilla, DNA Appliance would be my first choice.

When you have an underdeveloped maxilla that can be orthopedically grown either with the DNA Appliance and Epigenetic Orthodontics/Orthopedics or with a SARPE procedure.

Creating a more physiologic airway gives the best and healthiest results.

Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations
Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management
Diplomat, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Regent & Fellow, International College of CranioMandibular Orthopedics
Board Eligible, American Academy of CranioFacial Pain
Dental Section Editor, Sleep & Health JournalMember, American Equilibration Society
Member, Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences