Does a chemical peel work on African American skin? I have dark circles under my eyes, that I want removed.

Careful with chemical peels

Great question,

Chemical peels come many forms and can be light or very aggressive.  More aggressive peeling tends to cause more inflammation, which results in more downtime but also more improvements in tightening and texture.  Peeling can be considered for under-eye circles, butI recommend sticking with lighter peels in a series of 3-5 treatments to start.  You could also consider a fractionated resurfacing treatment using erbium or even CO2 laser.  As you know, there is a lot of variability in the types of African American skin, so an in-person consultation with a physician is the first step.  Good luck!

Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon