How will my breasts change over time? Do they look normal for being 1 day post op? (Photo)

I had my BA done yesterday. We used Mentor 450cc smooth round silicone high profile placed submuscularly using a transaxilary incision. I am completely terrified by the current appearance of my breasts. My surgeon assured me that I just have a ton of swelling at the top of my breasts that will subside over time, but I am also worried they may not be as large as I hoped. Will my implants lower and fill out to give me larger looking breasts? Or is the bottom half the size they will stay?

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Shape

It is just too early after your surgery to really know how they will look after the healing is down, the swelling has resolved, and the implants have settled.  You have to allow time to pass and they will drop.  After about 3 months, you'll have a better idea of what the final result will be.  Hang in there.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon