3 months post op from Smart Lipo on flanks and abdomen. Removed 1.2 liters. Swelling still present. How long will it last?

I weat my compression garment at night. In the mornings the swelling is reduced but by. The endof the day my body is just a big as before I had lipo. I'm pretty disappointed at this point but still hold out hope that the results will appear one day. My question is simply, Is this normal? (Male 58, 5'8" 191)

Most patients continue to improve for 6 months

Smartlipo is not magic. It is a great tool but it is important for you to get stricter with your diet and exercising, in  order to get the maximum improvement. Most patients will continue to improve for 6 months.It is always helpful if you attach pre and post op photos and also your starting weight and your current weight.
don't give up hope yet.
david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Post liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

I suggest VANQUISH, venus legacy and cellutone/z wave treatments during this time as swelling can persist for months after liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer

Smart lipo and swelling

Thank you for your question. Most of the swelling will come down in three months, even though sometimes takes longer unto six months. Your pre and post op pictures would be helpful to review and also check your weight. Please continue to follow instructions from your PS and express your concerns to your physician