My nose is too big; what do I do? (Photos)

I am concerned that my nose may be too big for my face. From the side and the rotated view it appears that it is not however, the front shows a nose that is too big.

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and I would go on complimentary consultations with experts in the area who will take your photo digitally to show you what is possible with your nose so you can make an informed decision 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

My nose is too big; what do I do? Male rhinoplasty.

I agree that your nose does seem out of proportion to your other facial features and after a face-to-face exam and consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist you might wish to consider refinement and slight shortening of the length of your nose.  The base of your nasal bones also can be narrowed conservatively with changes that would better balance with your facial features but not be obvious to others.  Mel rhinoplasty and female rhinoplasty are quite different procedures and in your case avoidance of excess would be key.

Meet with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons in your area to review options and have your own photographs imaged while viewing pictures of other patients.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

My nose is too big; what do I do?

Hello Lukipooh2 - Thanks for your question. What you are seeing is an imbalance between the size of your nose and the relatively smaller size of your cheeks. Additionally you have slight underprojection of your chin. This makes your nose stand out. Reductive rhinoplasty to manage bridge shape and width, along with insetting of the nasal tip would certainly be helpful. Depending on your aesthetic tastes, you might even want to rotate the tip of your nose up just a tiny bit. Finally adding volume to your cheeks in the form of filler or cheek implants would help in the balancing process. A chin implant would be the cherry on top! 

In any case, you would need to be seen in person, have pictures taken, and have rhinoplasty simulations performed to see what you like the most. I recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist in your area for more help. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Nose is too big

Your nose may be slightly large for your face but only slightly. I think some adjustments can give your nose a more balanced look. reduction of the dorsum and shortening the tip can be helpful. Male rhinoplasty is different from female rhinoplasty, you have to maintain the masculinity of the nose, otherwise it will look unnatural. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

My nose is too big what do I do?

A Closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the nose smaller, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. the tip of the nose can be made less projecting, the dorsal hump shaved down, and the bridge line narrowed. For more information in many before-and-after examples, please see the video and the link below

My nose is too big; what do I do?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about refining and improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty and whether it would be worthwhile.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cnasal tip deprojection to make the overall size of your nose smaller and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Large nose options

Of course you don't HAVE to do anything, but if you WOULD LIKE to have the nose made smaller, you could look into having rhinoplasty (nose shaping), which is a cosmetic procedure.  Read about the procedure and educate yourself on this site first.

Then, you should seek opinion from experienced board-certified plastic surgeons IN PERSON so you can have an examination to see if what you would like is possible.

RM

Rhinoplasty

Because the nose sits in the middle of the face, it's size can affect one's entire appearance and self confidence. The goal of any good rhinoplasty is to create the right nose for your face. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss your options. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon