I am 54 years of age and breast size 36DDD, I weigh 135lbs. Can I go down to a 34C or do I have to stay at 36 C?

Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question.  The numerical circumference measurement should not change after breast reduction.  It is a good idea to let your surgeon know what your expectations are.  Try not to focus too much on an exact size and more on the look that you are going for.  As my college has stated finding a surgeon to give you an exact bra size will probably not happen.  There are multiple reasons for this.  Bra sizes are not standardized, size varies from maker to maker.  Also your surgeon will do the best he/she can to give you the size your are looking for but in the end it is based on your body and the tissue your surgeon has to work with. 

Dr. Hisham Seify

Photos for better advices

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to give you the advice you need and want.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

#breastreduction #liposuction

I doubt you will find a plastic surgeon that can guarantee you either a reduction to a specific cup size or a specific decrease in your chest circumference measurement. (36 to 34) . Bras fit differently based on manufacturer, quality etc.

Ask during a consultation if your board certified plastic surgeon does liposuction as part of a breast reduction procedure. I have found that patients are happier with their aesthetic result if liposuction of the lateral breast      is included.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

36DDD to a 32 C cup with breast reduction?

Thanks for your question.  Technically the numerical circumference measurement should not change after breast reduction, however many patients find that one or the other size fits them better (a subjective matter for each patient).  A 34 C cup is smaller than a 36 C cup so please keep in mind that it's best not to fixate on a precise cup size but instead give your surgeon good examples of the size that you would ideally like, and allow him/her to do their best to match the size while maintaining a good contour and shape for you.  Best wishes and good luck.  Enjoy your results,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Change from 36 to 34

Thank you for your question. Breast reduction will certainly be able to help you go from a DDD to a C or D, but it will not affect the band size. 34 or 36 is the measurement around your torso measured from under your breasts. Breast reduction does not affect this measurement.

Hope this helps

Regards

Breast reduction

The cup size can certainly change but the back size ( the number) should not.  Best of luck moving forward.

Can I go down to a 34C or do I have to stay at 36 C?

Bra fitting can be an art unto itself, though in general a breast reduction will reduce your cup size, though often not your chest size. Liposuction on the side of the chest or flank may be the trick, though chances are you will remain a 36.

Breast size after breast reduction surgery?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this procedure is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  

My advice for patients seeking breast reduction surgery: careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful preoperative communication are 2 keys to success with any type of breast surgery.   With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful.  The use of computer imaging is also becoming more helpful when it comes to the communication process.

For example, I have found that the use of words such as  "proportionate” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  the use of computer imaging is becoming more helpful when it comes to the communication process.

The website link dedicated to breast reduction surgery as well as the video link below may be helpful as you continue to do research. 

Best wishes for outcome that you will be very pleased with.

I am 54 years of age and breast size 36DDD. Can I go down to a 34C or do I have to stay at 36 C?

A breast reduction changes the size of the breast itself. The surgery will not reduce the measurement of your chest.  Depending on your measurements, you may still wear a 36 bra after surgery,  but with a smaller cup.  Be sure to discuss your expectations with your plastic surgeon during your consultation.  Best wishes.

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Reduction reduces cup size rather than band size

Thanks for your question. Since the breast reduction affects the breast mound, it is the cup size that changes. Sometimes liposuction will be done in the upper back and out laterally as a separate procedure but during the same surgery. This might have some effect on the circumference of your chest. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD