Should my surgeon have done more than just an implant for tuberous breasts? (photos)

I am 2 weeks post op from my breast augmentation. I have sub-glandular placement of silicone implants, 425cc in my left breast and 375cc in my right breast. We never discussed anything about tuberous breasts before my surgery. I had never even heard of it until my 1 week post op appointment when I shared concerns about my breast shape and the nurse mentioned that I started with slightly tuberous breasts. Do you think I will need a revision or do they look "normal?" Thank you for your input.

Tuberous breasts require a skilled surgeon for the best augmentation results.

Women with tuberous results can have great breast augmentation results if their plastic surgeon incorporates the right techniques to alleviate the affects of the condition. Options include releasing the bands that constrict your breast tissue during your augmentation or using a tissue expander prior to surgery to reshape your breast. Although it's still early in the healing process, you appear to have achieved good results. Still, you may want to ask your plastic surgeon if any additional steps were taken during your procedure to correct your natural breast shape before proceeding.

Early post op, some advices :

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regardsDr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and picture.  It is still a little too early after surgery to decide final results.  Also a side view picture would be helpful.  If the areolas are protruding too much, then an around the areola mastopexy should correct this.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Revise after aug

It is hard to sya without seeing propo photos.I know in mamny of my tuberous breast patients I will do a slight lift or maybe add soem of their own fat to restore a more normal contour.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I Wonder What Your Pre-op Shape Was

Your post-operative result does not look bad.  It seems like you will continue to have some shape asymmetries that you probably started with, such as volume differences and nipple and areola position differences.  From your post-op pictures I would say that you did not start with a classic bad tuberous breast shape2 weeks out is too early to tell what is going to happen.  Give thing more time.

Dr. Gordon Telepun

Decatur, Alabama

After breast augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question. So far your outcome looks going well, you should wait at least 2 months to have most of swelling gone. Preop photos would help to see if there was any degree of tuberous breasts.Best wishes.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts Pre Surgery?

Thank you for your question and photo. You may have had short spaces under your areolas and not tuberous constriction prior to augmentation. This is common. Pre op photos would be necessary to provide more insight. I recommend that you wait a full 6 months to evaluate your results and share ongoing concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

#tuberous breast #postoperative recovery #breast implants

it is too early to know how are your breasts going to look after your healing period, however there are some features that probably will not change, i.e. the size and location of your nipple areola complexes.The most important factor in obtaining a good result from your cosmetic surgery is the surgeon you el t to perform it. Now that your surgery is done, what you have to do is wait for the normal postoperative period to allow your implants to settle in their final position, the postoperative swelling to disappear and your scars to mature. Then you will have to decide what revision is needed. Be sure your surgeon is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, this will assure you of his/her proper training and commitment towards aesthetic surgery.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Should my surgeon have done more than just an implant for tuberous breasts?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Without preoperative photographs to compare your starting position to your current one it is difficult to offer definite advice an adjunct procedures that can improve a tuberous breast appearance. As you did not mention the specific areas of concern with your breasts I would discuss your results with your surgeon so that the two of your can review the pre-surgery plan to assess if your goals were met.  Hope this helps.