Sientra Classic Teardrop 310cc and 350cc for asymmetry and droopiness. Too small, want to be larger. Do I need a lift? (Photo)

I had a breast aug on July 25, 2016. I am 30 yrs old and I am 5'6 and 121lbs. I breastfed my children, 2 and 4 and I produced more milk on one side leading to breast asymmetry. My surgeon suggested Sientra classic teardrop to help fill out volume loss. I still have some droopiness and an odd shape to bottom of my left breast, like it didn't get filled out. I want to go bigger as well. Do I need different style to give roundness or a lift? Also, I am fitting in a B cup. Want to be C to small D.

Too small, want to be larger. Do I need a lift?

Thank you for the question.  Careful selection of breast implant type, size, profile (sometimes along with adjustment of breast implant capsules) will be necessary.  The necessity to adjust the breast implant capsules may be even most important when it come stop improving breast contour. No breast lifting is necessary.

You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. Ultimately, careful physical examination, measurements, and communication of your goals will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “look more natural” or "full C or small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Revision

Convert to larger high profile implants to gain size and upper pole fullness. An open capsulotomy is necessary as well. Best of luck

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS