Is this rippling near the inframammary breast implant incision? (photo)

I am 3 days post op, 455 silicone, smooth round under the muscle, due to hematoma. PS removed implant, irrigated the pocket, removed the capsule that had formed in the past 8 weeks since the first capsulectomy, and reinserted the same implant. Will this go away? Is it normal to ripple under the breast instead if on the sides or near the cleavage?

Rippling

It is difficult to tell from the photo but I don't think what you are seeing is what we would refer to as rippling.  I see some lines in your skin that appear to be from the swelling in the breast giving an appearance similar to stretch marks.  These will most likely dissipate as your swelling goes down.  When we refer to rippling, we are talking about the ability to see and/or feel the contours of the implant.  Give this several months before being concerned.  Also discuss with your surgeon at your next appointment.  

Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

This is simply skin swelling.

You have had your initial breast surgery, a hematoma, and surgical drainage, all of which cause edema (swelling) in the skin, especially in the dependent (lowest gravity-affected) areas of your breast. These visible ripples are your own natural skin markings "magnified" by tissue swelling. This fluid will gradually reabsorb and diminish, but the skin marks (striae) may not completely go away.

But your skin will go back to the way it was prior to your secondary surgery. I often tell my patients that anyone getting close enough to notice this will absolutely be thinking about other things and will NOT notice it (unless you bring attention to it)! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Is this rippling near the inframammary breast implant incision?

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced. Yes, some degree of breast implant rippling/palpability is not unusual along the lower and/or lateral breast areas.  These are areas where overlying tissue coverage is minimal. In other words, muscle and soft tissue coverage of the overlying breast implants is minimal in these areas.

Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon for accurate assessment and advice. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with.