Is it normal to have pain/muscle tightening in only one side 7 months after breast augmentation?

My left breast has more upper pole fullness and I feel the lower portion of the implant slightly. That side has always felt different-almost liked muscle tightening, etc. it is not hard or round and looks like my right except for looking a bit larger and upper pole fullness. I am curious as my right side looks great and feels like it's always been a part of me.? Thank you.

Uneven breast symptoms

It is common for one breast to give patients more problems that the other. This usually last several months but then evens out. I have had patients with prolonged symptoms and muscle spasm and tight ness is one. I would suggest an extensive massage program for my patient on that side with OTC inflammation for 6 weeks and see if you have improvement . contact your PS office and possible see them and ask their advice. Best of luck!!!!!

Pain after breast augmentation

typically pain seven months after breast augmentation surgery is not usual. However depending upon if your right-hand dominant or left hand dominant you might be favoring one side over the other, in which case you may have persistent discomfort on one side. However if the pain is is sharp in nature and significantly restricting your activities of daily living then it's time to see your surgeon. It can take up to 3 to 6 months for the implants to settle into the new breast pocket, and sometimes the overlying muscle can be stretched causing this discomfort.

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Need to see your surgeon

It is common to have some pain and soreness several months after depending on your procedure but in your case I think you need a follow up with your surgeon.

Best wishes!

Steven K. White, Sr., MD
Myrtle Beach Plastic Surgeon

Symptoms after BA

Thanks for your inquiry.  It is not unusual to have different sensations on one side than the other, but if you are actually having pain it would be worthwhile booking a followup appointment to make sure everything is ok.