Is my implant out of position? (photos)

I am 4 weeks post op capsulloraphy on my left and capsulectomy on my right. My right breast feels like it's falling over my ribcage and constantly hurts. It looks like my nipple is off to the side and lower than the left breast as well as the right breast being larger than the left. How can this be corrected? Will the left breast drop over the next few months after capsulorraphy?

Asymmetry after breast revision surgery.

You had two different procedures--a capsulectomy on one side that implies capsular contracture, and a capsulorrhaphy on the other side which seems to indicate malposition without contracture. The capsulectomy is a much more "invasive" procedure, so more swelling (larger) on that side post-op makes perfect sense.

The capsulorrhaphy side will heal, soften, and stretch, so there will be different changes in both breasts. Only 6-12 months will tell just how close your surgeon will have succeeded. Perfect symmetry is a goal, NOT a realistic expectation. So be patient, follow your doctor's advice, and things will gradually evolve. Hopefully for the better. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is my implant out of position?

Based on what we can see, healing is at an early stage and things seem right. Follow you surgeons advice during recovery and keep your appointments to stay on track.

Is my implant out of position?

An in-person evaluation would be the best way to start, including an assessment with you lying down to see the implant position. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Position

It is so hard to tell from one photo.  You have multiple angles to judge the position.  Keep in mind that 4 weeks is early.  It may seem like a long time to you but it takes many months to judge the final results.  Keep in touch with your surgeon!

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Implant position after capsule work

Thank you for your question. I reviewed your pictures and given how early you are from the surgery everything looks ok. But I would suggest speaking with your plastic surgeon so he or she can assess your outcome. Good luck.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Is my implant out of position?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  At your current stage of healing there does not appear to be any issues with your implant position, but this is best assess with an in-person evaluation or full series of photographs.  I would voice your concerns to your surgeon as they can best assess your implant position and provide reassurance as needed.