CoolSculpting for arms: should I wait?

From my research, it appears that some physicians are doing arm Coolsculpting w. the equipment designated for abs and flanks. I'm told that there will be a specific arm attachments (longer) coming in the fall and better to wait as there should be more optimal results and less likely to "dent" the skin. Thoughts from the drs. on waiting vs. going w. the ab paddles. Many thanks!

Coolsculpting / Sculpsure and Arms

We have been doing sculpsure on the arms over coolsculpting because of less pain, swelling and bruising after the procedure. Please see an expert. Hi def liposuction does fantastic in this area. Best, Dr. Emer

CoolSculpting for arms: should I wait?

I suggest waiting until using coolsculpting on the arms is FDA approved. The ulnar nerve runs along the arm in a vulnerable position.  Better to wait until the technique is validated.   

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for the Arms

Coolsculpting is safe and effective for the arm area and as long as you consult an experienced dermatologist for this procedure you should have good results. Best, Dr. Green

CS for arms works well

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi tealeaves.  We have had great results on arms with the current applicators and multiple CS specialists in the office.  The keys to success is choosing the right candidates (if you have excess fat that is longer than the applicator, then you should wait) and having a properly trained specialist who completed the additional training provided by the manufacturer (called " CoolSculpting University").  As with anything, the provider's skill in patient selection, examination, application of the device, etc. is what yields a good result not the machine itself.  If you get an opportunity, have a consultation or go to a seminar where you can be examined and given a price estimate.  Good luck!

CS for arms

In many people, one of the available applicators will work fine for the upper arm area.  Although not specifically approved for arms at this time, CS does seem to work well in selected patients who want this area treated.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

CoolSculpting for arms

I have found the current CoolSculpting applicators are fine in treating the arms. I have not seen any dents in patients I have treated.  If you would like your arms treated now rather than waiting for a different applicator, I would go ahead.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting arms

We have been Coolsculpting the arms for years without complications and good results.  Make sure you go to a place with experience.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Arm coolsculpting

Coolsculpting may be performed successfully on the arms with current applicators that are available.  A good consultation with an experienced MD, preferably a cosmetic surgeon, would be best, as other more effective options may be in your best interest ( liposuction, Thermi, Brachioplasty).  Furthermore, care must be taken as the ulnar nerve (at the medial elbow) is very superficial and an applicator should not be placed over it!

H. Christopher Coley, MD
Greensboro General Surgeon

CoolSculpting for arms: should I wait?

Thank you for your question. It should be fine as long as you see a physician with experience in CoolSculpting. 
Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting Applicator For Arms

There is already an applicator that can work very well for the arms. However, not all practices may have this applicator. We've gotten great results treating the arms, but not everyone is a candidate for this treatment. Make sure you see an experienced provider to determine whether the treatment is appropriate for you. We have never seen dents occur in the skin from CoolSculpting. Best wishes.