Botched lipo recovery. (photos)

4 years ago, I had lipo on my hips, butt and thighs. The doctor extracted way too much fat and left me with no curves. 4 years later, with no surgery, I'm back to my old shape and happy about it. Wasn't the fat supposed to return to untreated areas? What could've possibly happened?

Liposuction but fat came back.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am really happy for you that despite your bad liposuction experience, you got your curves back.
  • In general, after liposuction, you don't get any new fat if you lose 10 pounds afterwards; you don't regain in the area of liposuction if your weight stays the same and you gain in the area of liposuction if you gain weight.
  • Hormonal changes and changes in exercise can also make fat return to the area of liposuction.
  • Presumably one of these changes is the reason you got your curves back.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Botched lipo recovery.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  You are right in that the fat that was removed during your liposuction procedure led to a permanent reduction, but the fat that remained in your hips, butt, and thighs can grow again in size based on your diet and exercise regimen.  Hope this helps.