Should I consider removing implants if I have capsular contracture?

I've had implants for almost five years after a mastectomy on the right side. I believe I may have capsular contracture on the right side. I also had lymphoma last year. If I have surgery to remove scar tissue, would it be wise to remove the implants?

Capsular contracture after breast reconstruction

Capsular contracture is a common complication of breast implants that occurs in one of 4 to 5 patients.  There are certain conditions that increase this risk such as prior surgery, radiation treatments, infection, and others.  Implant removal is not always necessary with capsular contracture management, but if you are considering additional surgery to have the capsules removed, have your surgeon discuss options for replacement of the implant volume such as fat transfer or another type of implant. There is anecdotal evidence to suggest that the stem cells transferred with your fat may be beneficial to avoid future contractures and scars of irradiated tissues.

CC

Although capsular contractures following breast augmentation can occur just about any time, most women start having symptoms around three months after their breast implant surgery. This is because it takes some time for a capsule to form and then to scar down (contracture).
Capsular Contracture is a condition in which the capsule surrounding the implant thickens and contracts, squeezing the implant making it overly firm or hard and often changing the shape and position of the implant. As the capsule contracts it moves the implant further up your chest wall making upper portion of your breast too large and unshapely. It is more far more common in nicotine users (e.g. smoking, vaping or nicotine gum or patches).