Will my nipples come out after the swelling goes down? (photos)

This is first day after my breast reduction toon surgery, I had the Lolipop incision. My nipples seem to now be inverted but my doctor says they are swollen. Will they in invert or will my nipples look like this forever now?

Nipple and areolar flattening after breast reduction

Your breasts look great for day 4. The vertical technique can make the nipples look a bit odd for several weeks while things settle down. Try to be patient, all the wrinkling and surface irregularities will resolve with time.

Nipple after breast reduction

Hi - it is likely your nipples will return to their pre operative state.  There is a lot of swelling after breast reduction surgery, particularly so soon after the operation. 

If you didn't have inverted nipples before surgery

its unlikely you will have them after surgery.  So focus on healing and when you're healed, then you can critique your results with your surgeon to see if any revisions could be beneficial to you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Concerned about nipple contour

Thank you for your pictures. The contour of your breast and/or nipples will improve with time. Typically it takes about three months for all the contours to stabilize. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.