Is this an infection after Breast Reduction?? (photos)

I am 11 days post op and my breasts are starting to hurt a bit and have swollen up and are starting go become red. Does this look like it could be an infection and should i wait until the morning to call my doctor or go to the ER?

Infection

Yes!  If your breasts are becoming more painful, more swollen, and redder at any point in the recovery process (past the first day or so) - get yourself back to your surgeon quickly!  An infection is the most likely culprit, and your pictures indicate you may be experiencing one.  Get yourself evaluated by your surgeon immediately please.  If for some reason you cannot get to your surgeon, go to whoever is covering for him or her, and failing that, the nearest emergency room.  If you are unable to get hold of your surgeon tonight, go to the emergency room without delay.  Even a 12 hour wait can be a problem when you have an infection.  Good luck and take care!

Dr. Jespersen

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Is this an infection after Breast Reduction??

This looks like cellulitis from your photos but you really need an in person exam.  You should see your surgeon right away. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

An infection after breast reduction

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is difficult to tell from your photos if this is an infection but I would call or visit with your surgeon who can evaluate this much better in person.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon