Would Z-therapy help with dimpling after Cellfina?

I had Cellfina 1 month ago and went for my recheck appointment. All bruising has resolved. I still have significant dimpling, and am unhappy with the result. Is it too early to expect good results? Would Z-therapy be helpful? Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Cellfina Produces Improvement in Cellulite That Lasts

Hello and thank-you for your question.It is not unusual to see residual dimpling one month following Cellfina.  We have consistently seen continued improvement in cellulite following Cellfina treatment up to one year after the procedure. I would certainly recommend following-up with your treating physician to discuss your concerns.Best regards,Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Still have dimpling after Cellfina?

If you are unhappy with the results from your Cellfina treatment I would return to your FACS asap to discuss your concerns. While therapies such as Z Wave and Velashape, Thermi Smooth etc can help smooth out areas of cellulite, Cellfina is the only FDA cleared treatment for Cellulite that lasts longer than 2 years. 
Best of luck!#cellfina   #cellulite  #zwave

Residual dimpling after Cellfina?

With no pictures, I am assuming the residual dimpling is on your buttocks?  There are those patients with significant amount of cellulite dimpling on the buttocks who may need a second treatment but not often.  In my office we are often addressing cellulite on the buttocks as well some dimpling and skin laxity on lateral thighs using both Thermi 250 and the Z-wave,  both FDA cleared for cellulite treatment.  If your doctors office provides Z wave, I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with them and ask for some backup treatments with Z-wave to attempt further improvement of the results.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Dimpling one month after Cellfina treatment

It is not clear from what you write the location of the Cellfina treatments, ie buttocks, outer thighs, etc. In addition, before and after pics would be helpful to clarify. You should certainly let you treating physician know your concerns. They know specifically how and what areas they treated as well as what your progress should be at this point.

Thank you for your question.  We have seen no cases where patients still had significant dimpling a month later.  Did you review all the dimples you wanted treated prior to treatment with the physician?  We take photos with the dimples circled and the patient signs off on those dimples.  All dimples that are marked are then treated and as we treat one-by-one, we also mark the photos to confirm that each dimple the patient wanted treated was actually performed.  Please speak to your physician to confirm which dimples were released and if they were not the ones you desired what remedies may be taken for example and additional Cellfina treatment in the future.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon