Treatments for Under-Eye Veins?

I'm a 19 year old female and have a blue vein under my right eye. It's not too terrible but it's certainly noticeable, even with makeup. I'm curious as to what I could do, if anything, to help diminish its appearance. I'd also like to know what removal options there are and an estimate on how what these treatments would cost me. Thank you. (Also, I apologize for the lack of pictures; my phone doesn't provide me with decent quality photos.)

Laser for under eye vein

Without a photo I can't make any specific recommendations.  I can say that I commonly treat blue under eye veins with laser.   This is an advanced type of laser treatment which requires special precautions to protect the eye.  I have had good success treating these types of veins.  I would suggest that you get an opinion from a dermatologist with expertise in lasers.  There may be other possible treatment options such as sclerotherapy but I personally prefer lasers.  Regards,Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye veins.

This is a commonly asked question and there are many options to treat these veins depending on the vein size and location.  These options include sclerotherapy, laser, IPL,  fine needle RF and sometimes removal via micro incisions.  The cost can vary.  See a vein specialist.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Blue vein under eye

Blue veins under the eyes can be successfully and safely treated with a laser, such as the Gemini or Excel V laser. The treatment is performed in the office. A protective contact lens is used during the treatment which will probably take 15 -20 minutes. The cost will depend on the experience of the doctor you see and your geographic area. I recommend calling board-certified cosmetic dermatologists in Kalamazoo for the cost.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon