How do I get "Kylie Jenner" lips? How did she get the lip shape and volume she has now, with what she started out with? (Photo)

I have fairly thin lips and not the prettiest shape. I have been to two different doctors for injections seeking Kylie style lips but was met with resistance each time. Both doctors say "well you don't know what she really did to get those lips, it's probably more than injections and can not change your lip shape." I've seen implants though and they look like tubes or sausages every time! Kylie had shapeless bird lips and now they are perfect. How?!?

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

I suggest juvederm voluma into the belly of the lip and restylane silk on the outside, if you want those types of lips .  See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How do I get Kylie Jenner's Lips?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Lip augmentation is most reliable and predictably done with fillers, typically one of the hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm or Restylane.  If you want to approach Kylie's lips you would need a greater amount of filler placed, predominately to your upper lip.  Your desires were likely met with resistance because her lips are not considered natural, as her upper lip is larger and longer than her lower lip.  Hope this helps.

Kylie Jenner Lips

Hi Habeepti

Thanks for your question. They are popping up more and more now. Of course, it cannot be said exactly what Kylie has had done but it's possible she has had fillers and lip implants.

Lip fillers work well for a temporary solution and to find the shape and size you are after. Going forward you may want to have Permalip put in - this is permanent.

See below our video on lip implants. Do your homework and find a PS that can give you the results you are after. However be realistic as you have different shape lips to Kylie, a different face shape so your results will not be exactly like hers.

Good luck

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

#KylieJennerLips

Dear habeepti:

Kylie has said that she had injections with hyaluronic fillers, and has not indicated that she had implants (see below).

Actually you have very pretty lips.  Your request may have been met with hesitancy for several reasons. Since we all start from a different baseline before filler injections with regard to width, thickness and contour, it can be difficult if not impossible to achieve exactly the same result that another patient has achieved with fillers. Also, Kylie's lips do not now conform to the ideal golden ratio or #PhiRatio, where the top lip to bottom lip ratio is 1 to 1.615. She might be able to carry that off, as a celebrity, but violating that ratio conveys to the viewer a sense of something being unnatural, out of balance, and/or, not being pleasing or beautiful.

Consider having a cc of Juvederm Ultra for your first treatment.  You may be delighted with the results, even if it does not look exactly like Kylie's mouth.

All the best, Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Beautiful lips with skin fillers

Yes, there are subtleties to lip augmentation that can provide shape and contour and not just two sausage lips or "trout pouts."  

I recommend the use of Juvederm, which provides softness and filling as well as  safety and reproducibility.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City

Kylie Jenner Lips

You can absolutely have the Kylie Jenner Lips if you have a similar facial anatomy.  You should start off with one syringe of Juvederm and wait a week or two to see the full results.  If you want fuller lips then you can return for a little more volume.  Be certain to consult an inject with facial cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green