Would I benefit from a chin implant? Do I have a "weak chin?" What about asymmetric jaw? (photos)

I have always felt that the lower half of my face (lips,teeth,jaw,chin) looked strange and could not pinpoint exactly why. I JUST recently realized that perhaps I have a "weak chin." Also, my jaw is not symmetric, the left side bulges much more than the right. I was thinking jaw contorting along with a chin implant. Would this be the right route to take? What about jaw implants. After considering my photos, what other options might I have? I am currently wearing orthodontic braces.

Would I benefit from a chin implant? Do I have a "weak chin?" What about asymmetric jaw?

Hi, based upon the attached photos the chin is quite weak which can make the mid face apper "top-heavy".  Chin augmentation with a chin implant can add harmony and balance to the entire lower face.  I'd start there.  You can then consider using a dermal filler (I prefer Perlane or Radiesse) to fill out and add symmetry to the jaw line just beyond the chin.  In addition, some dermal filler (I prefer Perlane) to augment and shape the front section, of the cheeks, making them full and round will feminize the entire face.  Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate for weak chin profile

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile. A Silastic chin implant can be inserted through a submental approach to  augment the weak chin profile to help with facial balance and proportions. Chin implants manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes and can be custom carved when necessary to address facial/ Mandibular asymmetries. For many examples and more information about chin implants, please see the link and video below

Chin implant

Your chin is narrow and retrusive. An implant can be fashioned to correct those problems. I see nothing about your jaw bones that are an issue.
Your cheeks may a little asymmetric but almost no one is perfectly symmetric. It is not a surgical problem to me

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

Based on a review of your photos you do have a small retruded chin. A chin implant would be a potential treatment to improve the situation.