Am I a good candidate for a mini Tummy Tuck? (photos)

I'm a 5'2" and 115 pounds avid try athlete and marathoner. I had a C-section 20 + years ago and just above my c-section scar , I have some loose skin that I want to get rid of. I don't want to do a full TT. That hip to hip scar scares me. Also will a mini TT affect my athletic performance? Thank you !

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - good candidate for a mini

Maybe.  From the standpoint of somewhat loose skin between your BB and where your C-Section scar presumably is (can't see it), a mini TT may help.  But it doesn't address any excess tissue above your BB.  For that you'd need lipo and you may want to consider doing only lipo (if anything; you look like you're in great shape) and then seeing what your skin looks like afterwards, particularly if you're concerned about a lengthened scar.  You should of course see one or more board-certified plastic surgeons in person for a full assessment and discussion of the options.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Mini Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. The lower abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

No Mini Tummy Tuck needed

Thanks for your photos and based on them I think you do not need a mini tummy tuck surgery. Performing only a vaser liposuction would be enough for you. But if you want a sectio scar revision so a tummy tuck can be performed with the same scar. Please consult with a plastic surgeon who has extensive experience...

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and your photos. From your photos it does appear you have some skin looseness. The mini tummy tuck removes a smaller portion of the skin. This procedure is best for individuals with a small amount of belly fat that won’t be reduced by diet and exercise. Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon who performs more than 100 procedures per year. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD

C-section roll

Mahalo for your photos.  You may be a good candidate for several energy based modalities that can tighten your skin by collagen induction.  These involve application of laser, radiofrequency, or ultrasound, but the results are limited when compared to surgery.  It just depends on whether the limited improvement warrants your satisfaction.  Obviously, surgical removal of loose skin is most effective, but you must accept the resulting scar.  A mini-TT should not affect your athletic performance, as muscle imbrication is usually not done in such a fit body wall.   

Am I a good candidate for a mini Tummy Tuck

I do think you can get away with just the min tummy tuck. The length of the scar is determined by how much skin has to be removed so understand the mini tummy tuck scar is not a mini incision. You should be able to return to all previous activities you are doing now after a tummy tuck.

Julio Garcia, MD

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. Yes you are a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck , it is important to do variou in person evaluations before making your final decision. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mini tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you may be able to get away with a mini tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #minitummytuck #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini TT an option?

Hello,it looks like you just have mild skin laxity and a little bit of adipose tissue, so a mini TT with liposuction might provide good results. Of course you would need a proper exam to determine your options.  A mini TT should not affect your athletic performance.

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I  specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon